Notice: 0.8.0RC3 has been released fixing a couple of small bugs and extra improvements.
Notice: 0.8.0RC2 has been released fixing an obscure queryset cursor cloning issue.
I’m really pleased to annouce the release candidate for MongoEngine 0.8! Its been a long process due to work and life commitments but the latest version of MongoEngine is ready for testing and feedback.
Why a release candidate?
There have been massive changes in the internals, requiring thought and testing before upgrading and releasing to the wild - so please read the upgrade docs carefully!
The changes are worth it and make using MongoEngine even better.
There have been loads of fixes, improvements and changes in 0.8. The headliners are:
- Minimum requirements are python 2.6+ and pymongo 2.5+
- Inheritance now off by default
- Inherited documents store
_types(preventing auto creation of multikey indexes)
- Querysets are immutable and now return clones
- New Geo Fields supporting mongodb 2.4 new “2dSphere” indexes
- New context managers for switching collections or databases on the fly as well as turning off dereferencing
- Django support improved (now supports Django 1.5.1, groups and permissions)
- Performance improvements, back to the same performance as 0.4
Try it now!
Please test it, try it out and report any issues back! All being well 0.8.0RC1 will be released as 0.8.0 in a week.
* Want to get involved in MongoEngine? We’re looking for help so please ping me!