I’m really pleased to annouce the release of MongoEngine 0.8.0. Its been a long process due to work and life commitments but the latest version of MongoEngine is here.
There have been loads of fixes, improvements and changes in 0.8. The headliners are:
- Minimum requirements are python 2.6+ and pymongo 2.5+
- Inheritance now off by default
- Inherited documents store
_types(preventing auto creation of multikey indexes)
- Querysets are immutable and now return clones
- New Geo Fields supporting mongodb 2.4 new “2dSphere” indexes
- New context managers for switching collections or databases on the fly as well as turning off dereferencing
- Django support improved (now supports Django 1.5.1, groups and permissions)
- Performance improvements, back to the same performance as 0.4
And much, much more!